Thread: unknown options

Hybrid View

Default unknown options

Where might I find a list of options that were available on the 70 AMX ? THe only thing I know about my car is it has the air cleaner that seals to the hood (air grabber?) 360 cu in 4 speed power brakes 8 track player . other than those I don't know what may have been an option. Bad boy blue with the stripe on the side ??
    Thanks
    mogger7

Did you look through the article section. It list a bunch of different options for the AMX. Maybe have a gander at this page. http://www.amx-perience.com/articles/1968AMX.php

If it has the functional Ram Air hood it likely has the Go-Pack. I say likely because there's always the possibility someone added it. Other items included in the Go Pack for 1970 are either the 360 or 390 with standard four-barrel and dual-exhaust; power front disc brakes; Goodyear F-70x14 small raised white letter tires; handling package; Twin Grip differential in various ratios (2.87 or 3.15 with automatics, 3.54 with 4-speeds); heavy-duty cooling; and functional Ram Air hood.

More info here - http://www.amx-perience.com/articles/1970AMX.php
    and here to decode your VIN, door tag and valve cover tag - http://www.amx-perience.com/articles...nformation.php

And yes, the Big Bad Blue paint and C-Stripe were both options.

Big bad amx Thanks for the info forum was gone for a few days here in Va (quiet forum by the way ..not much going on) It is the orig ram aair hood 360 4 speed p/ brakes . twin grip rear gear unknown for sure. dual exh. 14 inch factory wheels. don't know if it has handling package or not and don't know if it has hd cooling. been cold as heck here in va since the day I brought it home and have not even driven it since I got it home. Thanks for all the info and feel free to send any other info on these interesting cars
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by mogger7 View Post
    Big bad amx Thanks for the info forum was gone for a few days here in Va (quiet forum by the way ..not much going on) It is the orig ram aair hood 360 4 speed p/ brakes . twin grip rear gear unknown for sure. dual exh. 14 inch factory wheels. don't know if it has handling package or not and don't know if it has hd cooling. been cold as heck here in va since the day I brought it home and have not even driven it since I got it home. Thanks for all the info and feel free to send any other info on these interesting cars
    Rich
    You're welcome. It sounds like your car has the Go-Pack, in which case it has the HD cooling and handling package as they are part of that option. 360, 4-speed, 14" wheels were standard, but what other options besides the BBB paint and C-stripe does it have? Just curious, being the last year for the 2-seater and to use up the parts, rather than have them leftover, the 70's were generally optioned out more than 68,69s.

It's snowing here too, can't wait for summer!

Bigbad amx I have a speedo that goes to 140 I think but really don't know what else to look for Are tach's the same? has disc brakes but thought maybe they all did.Thanks

The 140 speedo and tach are standard on the AMX. Here's some of the factory options listed below, there's also performance and convenience dealer options like the Group 19 performance items- spoilers, cams, R4B intake, Rallye Gauge cluster, etc. and things like tissue dispenser, compass, items like that.

Go-Pack
    Automatic transmission
    Quick-Ratio manual steering
    15" Machine wheels
    Power steering
    Power disc brakes.
    Air conditioning (includes heavy-duty engine cooling system and 55-amp. alternator).
    Solex tinted glass-all windows or windshield only.
    Tilt steering wheel.
    Leather seat upholstery.
    Light Group - Includes lights-on buzzer, trunk light, glove box light and parking brake warning light.
    Visibility Group - includes remote control outside mirror, visor vanity mirror, electric variable-speed windshield wipers, electric washers and electric clock.
    AM and AM/FM-push button radios.
    Stereo 8 tape player with manual AM radio and two rear speakers.
    Rear bumper guards