Default Street Rod Manufacturing rear disc brakes

Anybody familiar with TSM rear disc brakes? If you can't use their parking brake caliper, what do you do/ use?

http://www.tsmmfg.com/2190.html

It looks like the Ford 8.8" rear axle from the Explorer works, 3.73 gears, posi, disc brakes and 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. How wide is it compared to the stock Dana 20? What diameter are the axle tubes and how do you adapt them to the stock shock plates? How does the parking brake work? Does the drive shaft need to be shortened/ lengthened?

I've done a little more research. The explorer axle is longer on one side, so the trick is to shorten the longer side to match the length of the shorter side axle and install a another short axle on that side. Results in a width of 56.5"- 0.5" wider than the Dana 20. It will require some other modifications to accommodate the larger 3.25" diameter of the Ford tubes, though. Interesting. I think I'll look into this a little further.

Quote Originally Posted by major View Post
    Anybody familiar with TSM rear disc brakes? If you can't use their parking brake caliper, what do you do/ use?

I believe it depends what model/year you have. If my memory doesn't fail me, and it often does, the problem with their E-brake caliper was a clearance issue with the Go-Pac or otherwise optioned rear sway bar. I think...
    Last edited by AMX3; 06-09-2015 at 01:35 PM.