Default New member - rebuilding my '69 AMX 390

I found my Pompeii Yellow 390 Go Pack in Huntington Beach, California, in 2001 and moved her to Cleveland, via Kentucky for a year, then Columbus for nearly a decade more. I'm attempting to keep my restoration as stock as possible, but am making compromises when practicality becomes necessary. So far, I've:
    • rebuilt the carb (after it spewed gas all over the engine, 100 miles from home)
    • returned the black stripes (one of the 3 previous owners had painted her blue)
    • replaced the carpet and added Dynamat everywhere (I could only find black at the time, I'm planning on returning to the tan/brown/saddle colors she originally had)
    • replaced the coil and plugs with an Accel Super Stack and 8.8mm wires
    • paid to have a Mallory Unilite distributor installed
    • paid to have the front suspension rebuilt (so it wasn't like driving on a waterbed anymore)
    • paid to have the valve covers replaced

I'm currently in the middle of:
    • replacing all battery cables
    • replacing the solenoid
    • cleaning the alternator
    • rebuilding the steering pump (thread asking for help on this one coming soon)

So...glad to be here, looking forward to tips and tricks, and sharing experiences.

Sounds like you are well on your way to having a well restored car. Quick question, where did you get the carpet from as I might be looking for a replacement soon.

Look forward to seeing pictures of your progress.

I seem to recall I bought it from 1A Auto, but it was back in 2006 or '07, and I wouldn't swear to it (i.e., it might have been AmericanPartsDepot or someone else). Sorry about that.

I'm looking forward to make good progress now that I'm digging in in earnest.