Default new member. few questions

Hello everyone.
    I am fortunate to get a 68 amx from my aunt. It's an original owner car. Hasn't been on the road since 1986... Been stored in a garage. Needs restoration but it's in good shape. One question is the keys ate lost. Any idea on getting replacements. Next I'm unsure of the engine size in the car. Will the vin tell me anything about that.
    Also passenger window is missing. Need a replacement. Any guidance there would help. I will post many more times as the project progresses.
    Thanks
    Jim

Hi Jim,

Welcome to our community. You are one lucky man, as they are getting more rare and harder to find each day.

For the keys, any locksmith should be able to help you out. You can find blank OEM keys or at the very least knock offs of the originals. I am sorry to say, ebay will be your friend. Here is a link. If you want to replace the whole cylinder, they have some as well. Just make sure they are for your year and your golden.

As to the engine, if it has not been replaced, and from the sounds of it has not, it should be marked. Of course all the information about your car will be found in the vin. Check out the "Articles" tab as it is loaded with information. Here is a link to the Vin decoder section. AMC Technical Information

And remember we love pictures.

Jason

Greetings Jim, Welcome to the community, I am fairly new myself, and with a 68 AMX. I would suggest keeping a close eye on your area craigslist. Myself, I check every city in the state I live and some in a neighboring state.You may be surprised what pieces /parts you can find. woodsman1953

Hi, Jim. As mentioned, Ebay is a place to start. I also get many parts from forum members on AMC sites. Networking is king for old AMC's.
    2000 Dodge Durango 4.7L, 1997 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L, 1968 AMC Javelin 5.6L 

I buy my share of Geo Metros for parts, and when I need a key I head to the Locksmith. He will want to see my ID, the title and vin of the car, and one of the door lock cylinders. There is a code on the door cylinder (passenger side I thinks) that he matches up with a data base, and whamo he cuts out a brand new factory correct key. This works if the doors/locks are original. You may need a blank key depending.