Thread: '74 Javelin AMX

Hybrid View

Default '74 Javelin AMX

Way back in '74, I was a senior in high school and bought my AMX as my graduation present to myself. Trans Am red, white t-stripe, 360 Go-Package, auto, white interior and black carpet. I joined the military and was in Memphis, TN. In 1978 on my way back to Millington from the airport when a guy flags me over to stop. He said he used to have an AMX just like mine and wanted to buy my car - on the spot. His last name was McWhorter, Mc Whirter(sp?). He lived in a huge house and I sold the car to him. To this day, I've regretted selling that car and would appreciate any information about what happened to it. I Don't have any info as to a VIN. It was registeredi n KS when sold. I've long since retired from the military and would like nothing better than to get ahold of the car and live out my days cruisin' in it again.

Jim

As someone who had sold his AMX and was very fortunate to get it back just last week I wish you luck in your quest. I thought I would never see that car again. Don't give up you might just realize your dream.