Talking Hello from Wayne Maine

Just found this site and am looking for some help. I have a 1968 Ambassador DPL that I bought in 1996 in Pensacola Florida. It has the original 290 CID engine but was badly mistreated. With only 92,000 miles it took a .030 over bore just to clean up the cylinders but ended up at .040 due to no luck finding pistons at .030. It has an Edelbrock 0-5,500 RPM performance kit for a 1970 AMC 290 on it. The only modification was the 2 center bolt holes in the intake were at the wrong angle. I am looking for a windshield, hood and fenders for it. If any one has info as to where I can find these parts it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all! Tim

Greetings: Be sure to check "craigslist" ,and if your really fortunate you may find someone parting out an Ambassador' or some hoarder getting rid of their stash. Be sure to check craigslists in States near you also. Check "planet houston" site and go to their venders list. They claim is the internets largest AMC venders list. Hope this helps, woodsman1953

Welcome to our community. I have to agree with Woodsman1953, those are good places to start, and you can always set up searches on ebay so that you are notified if someone lists an item you are after.

Jason

Tim ; Good news, , , 67 Ambasassador for sale,216-978-0889, bad news, pobably 500+ miles away from ya. wwodsman1953

Look for a AMC club in your area, good way to network. Somebody always knows somebody.