Thread: 1972 Plum AMX

Default 1972 Plum AMX

Dose anyone know the numbers that were produced by year AND color? We have a 1972 Plum AMX 360 in the family and I am wondering what the numbers were on this combination. Original owners, White Vinyl T roof, white T-stripe, with a 360 Four Barrell. All Original, with Original Paint. Anyone now of any similiar cars?

Smile By the numbers

I do not believe that AMC kept any kind of records that would be beneficial to you on this issue of how many were built. If they did, Chrysler destroyed the records when they took over AMC. From talking to a few people, the management at Chrysler went on a wholesale destruction phase after they took over AMC destroying everything in their path.
    As far as if I know of a similiar car, yes I do. There is a Plum Javelin-AMX that was featured in American Muscle by Larry Mitchell. This car is a 360 with dual exhaust and completely restored. I also know the owner of this car and have seen it many times in the past year or so. This car is so restored that the owner has AMC hoses and oil filter and the what not. It is just about restored to the point that there is nothing more that can be done with it. The year of this car is 1973.