Default New Member background

To all, I am pleased to have found and joined this website. In 1969, my father bought my mother a 1969 AMX from an AMC dealer in Shrewsbury NJ. All my friends had Camaros, Chevelles, GTOs, Corvettes. But, we were the only one to have an AMX. It was Hunter Green with black stripes (most I see on web sites have white stripes), 390 ci engine, 4 speed hurst, A/C, etc. basically all the trimmings. And, boy, could my mother really drive that car. Well, it was my favorite and I drove it all over, especially the circuit in Asbury Park NJ. Well, times moved on and the AMX was sold (I felt at that time it would become a classic but didn't have the money to buy it). Later on in life I bought a 1970 AMX, silver gray with black shadow mask, black leather interior, 390 with functional ram air, 4 speed hurst (I believe Larry Mitchell actually drove this AMX). Had it for several years but then sold it and thought I got a good price of $12,500. HA HA within two years they were selling for 35,000. A day late and a dollar short. I am now in my sixties and am searching for an AMX like I had in 1969 and therefore the reason for joining this site and learning more about the people and getting more acquainted with AMX experiences (no pun intended). What a beautiful car from a small company. Thank you. PS anyone know of someone that might have a similar AMX please let me know. Thank you.

Welcome to the community,

Much like you my dad bought an AMC off the lot, except in my case it was a yellow '74 javelin with a 304. I too still wish I had the car, but it was rusting out something bad when I scarped it. Only good thing I can say about scraping it was that I salvaged every part I could as I had bought a black '73 AMX with a 401 at the time. Never had a chance to own a two seater, but there is still time.

Jason