Hybrid View

Default Obsolete Blower Switch-Concord/Eagle

If you need a new blower motor switch, and the plastic connector that plugs into the switch, which is often burnt or melted, you most likely will be told by the parts store that this switch is no longer available. However, the International Truck dealers carry this switch, it is the EXACT switch that is used in my Concord. The switch is for a 1999 International 9200 series tractor, with A/C. If wanted, I can supply the International part number for the switch. I don't have it available right now as I write this, but will post if there is any interest in this switch. ..... ...

If it replaces the multi-speed A/C / heater switch, yes, please post the part number.
    Thanks.

Default Obsolete Blower Switch-Concord/Eagle

The International/Navistar part number for the blower switch is 472253C1. This switch has positions for off, low, medium, & high blower speeds. If you can get net cost, the cost is about $9.50, but suggested retail for the switch is about $15.00. The plastic plug connector cost was about $1.60 {net cost for the company I work for}, can't remember part number, but just ask the parts guy to supply you with the connector for the switch. The plastic connector comes with the correct brass wire connectors that push into the connector and lock in, just like the factory AMC connector. This switch should also fit Spirit, Jeeps, Waggoneers ect made during the same time period. This switch will not fit the early Gremlins. The switch will plug into the Gremlin's plug, but will not mount as the Gremlin switch has a different mounting plate. This switch would fit the 78 Gremlin that shares it's dash assembly with Concord.

Thanks Kem!

Default Blower switch update

Once getting the old switch out of the dash, the switch handle is different then the International switch. What I did was to break off the AMC switch handle and handle mounting at the two spot weld/rivets, and super glue the AMC switch handle onto the new International switch, after removing the International handle of course. When installing the AMC handle on the IH switch, be sure to put the bottom side of the the AMC switch in position that was the top of the International switch, this is so the switch will work with the indicated switch positions on the dash. It would work if the switch handle is installed in the same position as the International switch, but function would be opposite. Modify the switch like this and it will work great, now I have heat! Yippy!!!!!