Thread: New member

Default New member

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 1973 Javelin AMX that I had sold back in 2005. I bought it back from the gentleman I had sold to too. I had regreted selling the car for years and when it showed up on Ebay three weeks ago I knew I had to get it back. After working out a deal with the owner the car was delivered last Thursday and it is back in my garage. I will post some pics of the car in the coming days. It's great to be back in my old AMX!

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on reuniting with your old ride. Hopefully it was still in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ADAM12 View Post
    Hi. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on reuniting with your old ride. Hopefully it was still in good shape.

The car looks exactly the same as when I sold. The guy I bought it from kept it garaged for the past 11 years and it had not seen any rain. In fact he only put about 1000 on the car going to shows and cruises. He also did some things I had wanted to do to the car but didn't have the money to do. He added power steering, front disc brakes, rebuilt the engine, new clutch and pressure plate, new seat covers, new steel belted tires, and a few other items. The car runs and looks great. I am so happy to have it back.

I guessed you lucked out. Hope you enjoy the reunion with your long lost friend.

Welcome. Synchronicity in action.
    2000 Dodge Durango 4.7L, 1997 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L, 1968 AMC Javelin 5.6L 