Hybrid View

Default Hello from Southeast Kansas

New to the site and just wanted to say "Hello" to all my fellow AMC brothers and sisters out there. I am in the process of rebuilding a 68 Javelin SST, 343 auto. Hopefully as time passes I can use some of the knowledge and experience of other to get her back on the road.

Welcome. I have the same car/project going. Currently converting to power disc brakes. Good luck with your car!
    Chris
    2000 Dodge Durango 4.7L, 1997 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L, 1968 AMC Javelin 5.6L 

Default 1968 Javelin

Quote Originally Posted by jav343 View Post
    Welcome. I have the same car/project going. Currently converting to power disc brakes. Good luck with your car!
    Chris
    Already did the conversion, used disc brakes off a 1978 Matador (bought a complete car for $300.00), mine already had factory disc, so it was an easy change. I currently have the motor out and it's at the machine shop getting cleaned and spec'd. I have everything prepped and ready to put back together when I get it back. I am also changing the BW M11 over to the TF 727 while I have the motor out (also donated from the Matador). I was pretty lucky and got 2 cars for the price of one, well almost 2 cars, bought everything except for the main chassis/body, which was too much work to complete for me, but I got every piece of the car to include all the patch panels he bought. My tan interior was shot, but luckily the black interior from the other 68 was good to go, so I am also swapping out the interior also, and I have some very minor rust on the rear quarters. It was a Colorado car, so there is very little rusting anywhere.

I used a Scarebird kit on mine. Mine started out manual drums on each corner. I had to have a local shop fabricate the bracket assembly and linkage for the pedal since I could not find those parts. I got the car back on the road 2 days ago and she stops so quickly and effortlessly it's almost scary. Everything is new, including the brake lines. I now am saving up for an engine rebuild/engine compartment paint and detail. My timeline is roughly 2 more years for completion.
    2000 Dodge Durango 4.7L, 1997 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L, 1968 AMC Javelin 5.6L 