Hybrid View

Default New Member from Michigan

Hi from MI. Back in 1973, I ordered a brand new 73 AMX from the local dealer. I had it for a number of years and eventually sold it to a neighbor kid who wanted it bad. Lost track of it over time. About a year and a half ago, I saw what I thought was an AMX sitting next to a barn some distance from my house. I stopped and asked the guy if I could look it over. It turns out that it was the same car I ordered back in 73. I was told very clearly that it was not for sale. I left my number and thanked him for his time. About a month ago, I got a call asking if I was interested in the car. Needless to say, it is now sitting in my garage. It is an all black AMX with the 360 "go package" with a 4 speed. It does have some rust, but it runs well. I do need to rebuild the transmission, but otherwise it's all there. Looking forward to bringing it back and hopefully I can lean on the expertise of this group.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG952015052695191559417.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	240  

Well that was just meant to be. Did you learn what made him decide to sell? Quick question is that a vinyl roof package I see? Welcome to the community and glad you got your car back. It makes for a great story.

Jason

Hi Jason, Well, he knew that I was the original owner, and that I wanted to bring it back to stock. He said that he just didn't have the time or money to make it happen. That is the vinyl roof package. Funny story on that. I ordered it without the vinyl roof, but someone messed up and it was delivered with it. I told the dealership that it could stay, but I wasn't going to pay for it. So I got it free. I haven't seen too many with it. I am looking forward restoring the car. I am sure that I will be asking a lot of questions on this board. Thanks

Mike