Default Another new old guy

I am trying to figure out how to post on this website,so I'll see how this goes.I purchased a 1970 A. M X. NEW IN 1970. Two years later I got married and started having kids .The car got stored in my grandmothers garage for 30 + years . I finally got it back on the road. Believe it or not it only took a new radiator,belts and hoses .a carb rebuild of course a tune up and new tires and marvel mystery oil. My 1970 A.MM.X is Big Bad Blue,with Go Package,Handling Package ,black leather interior tilt wheel and A.M /F.M Radio. It was purchased at Lipman Motors in Hartford Conn.It just went over 20,000 miles since I am driving it and having fun with it. I have recently replaced the exhaust since the original needed replacing. I replaced the tires with original Goodyear polyglass with raised white lettering. Had a hard time finding them and more expensive than if I had put on radials. I like it original. My wife and I went on our honeymoon to Ocean City Maryland in this car. Still have the wife and the car

Welcome to the community, and congratulations on still having both the wife and the car. That is quite the history on the car. How come you decided to store it as from the miles, it does not even seem broken in at the time.

Jason

Hi Jason, when we started having kids (3 in 5 years) we needed a family car so I put the A.M.X. IN MY GRANDMOTHERS GARAGE. It stayed there for all those years .I ride motorcycels so in New England we have little time to enjoy our toys. I took the A.M.X. OFF THE ROAD THE TWO WINTERS i OWNED IT and it shared my spare time with my bike in the summer. I took the car out last week and noticed I was mistaken about the miles . It just turned 19,000 miles

That is amazing. You really have to post pictures when you get a chance. Is the interior in as good a shape as when you put it away. With my luck, the mice would have gotten into the care and destroyed the interior. Must be sweet to drive it around. So the question becomes with summer coming will you be driving or riding more.

Jason

I lie in Florida now so I use the car in the winter and spend a few weeks up north in the summer where i use the H D MOST OF THE TIME. How do you post pictures? When I tried a note came up saying I wasn't approved. The interior is like new ,including original carpets and and black leather seats. Had to replace head liner as it was sagging but I used original pan and replaced material. Not hard to match black liner