Default Dash voltage regulator

I have a 68 with a 69 dash. Does anyone know how to check the voltage reulator for the guages?
    I get an aray of voltages when I check it. seems to stream from 3 to 9 volts very quickly.
    I am trying to troubleshoot my temp guage. When I ground the purple wire the guage doesnt move at all. Tested the wire with an ohm meter and am sure the wire is the proper one and is in tact.
    The fuel guage reads quarter tank with a full tank but I havent gotten to check the wire on it yet.
    Thanks
    B

I'm going to tag onto this older site, maybe this site and my problem is the same. My electrical problem is the temperature and fuel gauges are not working. Fuel tank cleaned, resealed and new sending unit. Upon checking websites several mention a bad IVR. Which is a insturment voltage regulator, which is pluged into the back of insturment panel. Ok' guys, could this be the problem ? So my other question is, I would like to check this, so can someone get me started , so how is the dash panel mounted ? Thanks woodsman1953

Wow, after 9 days and over 1700 views, not one reply, on how to remove a dash panel. Surprising. i see many ask for help and input and nothing.. I thought this kind of site was to help, assist, and just plain shoot the bull about the cars we enjoy. Myself, always have enjoyed AMXs' wasn't till 3 months ago , could owning one finally became possible. At this time, my AMX expertiese are rather limited' but what I've learned, I will gladly share. I will now step off my soapbox now. I hope I did not offend. So come on guys share your knowledge and do some typing with those fingers with the oil under the nails. Shaare the knowledge. woodsman1953

I'm new to the site, but just did these same repairs to my 69. Do you still need help?