Default Removing rear Interior Trim?

I need to remove the rear interior trim from my 1969 AMX. There are three apparent rivets that are holding the trim right below the rear side windows. Is that correct? Do I need to drill these out?

Welcome to the community.

Which piece of trim are you trying to remove? It has been many years since I had to remove any trim, but I do not remember any piece being riveted on, but I never had a '69 AMX.

Jason

Default Thanks Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Welcome to the community.

Which piece of trim are you trying to remove? It has been many years since I had to remove any trim, but I do not remember any piece being riveted on, but I never had a '69 AMX.

Jason
    I figured it out: It is the plastic trim piece under the rear quarter window that extends all the way back to the rear window. There are 3 rivets that do not need removed. The rivets attach a metal tab to the inside of the trim piece. That metal tab slides down on the inside of the glass quarter window and holds the trim tight to the frame of the car. I have removed and refinished the rear trim that surrounds the rear window and the side pieces. I would like to remove the trim that supports the headliner and refinish it also. Any suggestions on that from the forum would be appreciated. I would also like a source for the rubber seals that surround the quater windows, under and rear (not the face seal that seals the quarter window to the door window).