Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door Glass

Question Door Glass

While everyone is pondering my previous "Suspension Rebuild" question, how about considering this one. The door glass in my '69 AMX has come ungluded from the glass channels. Can this be fixed and is it a DIY project? What type of adhesive to use? Or is it best to have a glass shop handle this? Thanks
    bluer343

I had the same problem with my 69 AMX. I took it to a local body shop after my in house fix came out again. It cost me $40 and it is still fine.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Ball
    I had the same problem with my 69 AMX. I took it to a local body shop after my in house fix came out again. It cost me $40 and it is still fine.
    Thanks for the tip Roger
    bluer343

I'd have a glass shop glue it as well. Adjusting it is time consuming though, you may want to do that yourself since it will probably take a shop more time than they'd like to spend on it. The TSM has a diagram that shows all the adjusting points. If you don't have the diagram let me know and I'll post it.

Question Me To

I read somewhere the correct way and what glue to use, but now that I'am ready to do it I can't find it. TSM has a diagram also would like to have diagram on adjusting windows.

Information would be greatly appreciated
    michael_young46765@yahoo.com
    as profile m_young_54 Messenger
    MY69AMX msn blog

Default Door glass

I've done it a few times. I used 3M Duo-pak Channel Bonding Adhesive. I used another window, and the dirt pattern, for reference as to the location of the 2 roller assemblies. You should be able to get close. There is adjustment available.
    I took rubber strips the right thickness and placed them over the channels in two places, then pushed them down into the channels with the glass. This holds the glass parallel to the channels. Cut the excess rubber off. Cover the area to be filled with foil tape. Put holes several places in the tape on both sides of the glass. Squeeze the adhesive into the holes on one side until it comes out the other side. You have to be quick because the adhesive sets up fast. Be sure that the channels and glass are clean.

Barron

Smile Thanks Barron

Thank You ,now I'am not going into this blind . I know I'll figure out how to adjust but the diagram on adjusting windows would probably help ?
    michael_young46765@yahoo.com
    as profile m_young_54 Messenger
    MY69AMX msn blog

I've just posted the AMX and Javelin door glass information for those who need it. Click here for the text and diagram.

The adjusting looks like a pain but I personally think I'll try it and let a pro do the gluing. I need new weather stripping and the doors need adjusting so having them spend time on adjusting the windows is probably a waste right now. I'll be happy just to be able to close doors with out the glass falling to the bottom. Thanks to everyone for the tips.
    bluer343

You can buy Metro weatherstripping for your AMX from a number of suppliers. In kits or by the piece.
    Here's one source:
    http://www.amx-perience.com/amx_ente..._catalog_p.htm