Default Engine Swap maybe?

I've been toying with the idea of swapping a chevy drive train into my 74 Javelin. Dropping in a fuel injected 350 with a automatic overdrive tranny from a late 90s Camaro has the most appeal. Has anyone run across a site detailing such a swap?
    Art

74 Javelin

I gave up on the Idea... new drive train swaps are ok if you have a lot of money. I don't like computers, and newer auto tranies can't handle 700 hp without big expensive mods.

I have yet to see a Chevy 350 kill an AMC 390... My preference is the 70 390 attached to a well built 78 Jeep TH400 and a Gear Venders overdrive. OEM fuel injection setups are made for economy.

I don't know of any websites with the swap info though there's a very nice Rambler convertible in Denver that has a late-model Camaro drivetrain and interior in it. Beautifully done. I do have some pictures of it if you're interested.

But, I'm with 304_dude in that I don't like computers in cars and with Edelbrock's aluminum heads and fuel injection setup I can't see a benefit to swapping to a different brand's drivetrain to update to late-model equipment.

You may want to check this thread to see how easy it is to make an economical yet powerful AMC engine.
    http://www.amx-perience.com/American...hread.php?t=98