Thread: Stroker Crank

Hybrid View

Default Stroker Crank

Hi everyone. I’m in the process of getting parts together for an iron block 401 build. I contacted Molnar to see about getting a stroker crank from them. Molnar has to make 5 cranks at a time with all the same specs. I posted this on TheAMCForum as well and so far myself and one other guy are in for getting a 4.000” stroke 2.000” journal stroker crank. Molnar will need 50% down from each buyer and the total price will be around $2000 as I was told from a dealer. Myself and the other guy interested are going for internal balance (although I am told the crank will come unbalanced) and with the post 1971 rear flange. Please let me know if any of you who read this are interested in the group buy or if you know anyone who might be interested. Thanks!
    Dominic

Got word from guys who talked to Tom Molnar at PRI and due to the timeline of this crank, which could be up to a year, I will not be doing this order any longer .

Hi Dominic,

Were you looking at having the stroker crank as the original is work out. Are they no longer available or was this to improve the performance? As you can't wait the year what is your plan now?

Jason

Hey Jason, I have the original crank still in good condition. I am wanting a stroker crank for the performance. I am needing to build the bottom end of the motor by about August as that is when I will be in the shop at school. Considering going with the K1 stroker crank as of now