Thread: New member

Default New member

Hey I just joined. I've had many nice cars but really miss my 1970 AMX. I bought it in Bayshore NY (Long Island) in 1982 for $1900.00. It was Yellow with black shadow mask, 390 auto. It had a Javlin hood. Used my student loan money. Car was in beautiful condition. I was only 20 years old, so young and stupid! The engine would lose oil presure at stop lights, needed bearings done. So I bought a wrecked 68 AMX for $300 with a 290 and 4 speed and swapped the engine/ tranny into my 70. I used all the factory parts for the manual conversion. Modified the auto console ( i know Stupid) for the Hurst shifter. Then I had my 390 rebuilt by Jack Merkel (local engine legend). Put the built 390 behind the 4 speed with a fresh clutch and I was in buisnesss. Car was very fast!! I painted it Silver with a black shadow, with a 70 hood I got from AMX Lou. After college I ended up tradeing the car to AMX Lou in the bronx. He gave me $1500 and a 1969 AMX 343 auto, that I sold for $1000. He told me the car went to an airline pilot in Conneticut.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amx 3.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	255   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amx2.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amx1.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	257  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amx 4.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amx5.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	259  

nice and looking good on photos. Welcome aboard

Now there is a classic looking car. Welcome to our community.

Jason

Classic never fades. welcome!