Default greets from an old/new member!

I bought my '68 AMX 390 Go-Pack in 1977 (therefore old) and I'm fairly sure I was a member of this Forum some years ago; but it didn't accept what I thought was my username and password, so I had to register as new.
    The body of my poor old car was in great near-new shape when I bought her for $1800 -- but the running gear had received no maintenance, the carburetor leaked, and the tires were threadbare. I was flush at the time, so a few thousand dollars later, she had new BFG tires, new shocks, new bushings, Thorley headers, Turbo mufflers, electronic ignition, and an Offenhauser cross-ram manifold with two small Holley four-barrels. By about 1984 she was a magnificent beast; but the motor was beginning to lose compression, and I never liked the "metallic forest green" colour, so I decided to rebuild and repaint.
    I took out the motor and trans, sent the rolling chassis to be re-painted and re-upholstered, and set about to have the motor/trans rebuilt -- then I lost the contract job I had held for nine years. Long story a little more short: that is where the project sits now.

Welcome to the community.

I was worried to say you had to sell her as that would have been a real shame. It is always a shame when we have the time, we are short on the money, but when we are flush with cash we don't have the time.
    Hopefully things turn around soon.

Jason

Glad to hear that, welcome to the community!