Default Suspension restoration

I'm starting the process of restoring my 68 AMX. Wondering what others have done with their +50 yr old suspension steel parts to get them looking factory fresh. I can look for NOS or great shape used ones, but thinking there has to be a technique. Blast/sand smooth or coat with POR 15 and paint?
    Thanks in advance.

Amazing, I can't answer your questions though.

Hello.
    Restoring suspension components on a 50-year-old car can be a challenging task, but there are a few techniques you can use to get them looking factory fresh.
    One option is to sandblast or sand smooth the parts to remove any rust or corrosion, followed by a coat of POR-15 to prevent further rusting. This can provide a durable and long-lasting finish that will protect the components from further damage.
    Another option is to use a rust converter product, which chemically converts rust into a more stable compound that can be painted over. This can be a good option for parts with heavy rust or corrosion that may be difficult to remove by sandblasting or sanding. After applying the rust converter, you can paint the parts with a high-quality paint that matches the original color.