Default 69 AMX window trim

I removed the stainless bottom window trim from the door by prying it off. It came off rather easily and left the fasteners in the door. I removed the dents from the trim, polished it up and now at a loss as how to put it back on. I'm assuming I need new fasteners. I'm puzzled as to how they get expanded on the underside or the steel unless the trim is installed without the window assembled. Anyone know a source for the fasteners and how to re-install the trim piece?
    I'm in the process of 3-D printing a new faster with retaining ridges that just pop in but I'd much rather have the originals.
    Fred

To answer my own question: the trim clips are put in first. They are nylon clips with a leg the fits through the hole and a post that spreads the leg out on the opposite side of the metal to hold the clip in. The trim piece snaps over the clips. My undersrtanding is that the clips are no longer available.

I'm in the process of installing power steering so if anyone has any helpful hints, lt me know. I'll write up a source of parts and take pics as I go to post later.