Default Hoping to find "my car"!

Hello, and thanks for the warm welcome!

I am hoping for a minor miracle, and I know it's a one in a million shot, but why not try?

Back in 1972, after owning a couple not so great cars (subject for another discussion), I got my very first "cool car".

And it was cool by many definitions, INCLUDING literally cool!

It was a 1968 AMX "Go-Pak" and it was my first car with factory AC! (Back in those days, as you probably know, AC was an option!)

My car was very likely a re-paint, as I don't think the Go-Pak option was offered in my color, which was black with a gold racing stripe.

The interior was red, with AC as mentioned (that worked great!), and it was an automatic trans with the 343 engine.

The car looked and ran like a new car, and I never forgot it!

Being in love with cars, I traded whatever I was driving every few months for some new toy and the AMX got traded for a 1971 Dodge Charger 500 with a 383 magnum, and I loved that one too! Many other cars came and went after, but as I said, I never forgot that AMX!

Now my dream, as the senior citizen I have lived long enough to become, is to find that car.

I have NO idea what the VIN was, and no pictures of the car have survived the many years since I owned it.

But because it was a unique color combo (I think!) and IF it survived, and IF it never for painted back to whatever the original color was, (whatever it was), maybe someone out there has seen it!

I would LOVE to buy it back!

If anyone has seen my car, PLEASE, let me know!!

Anybody? Any thoughts?