Default Getting my car back.

I got an unexpected email this week. It seems the body shop has finally got around to getting my car started. Hopefully I'll have it back by the end of May. I had contemplated making a color change on the paint but in the end have decided to keep it the original 74 AMC Orange. Now I've got to start gettting all of the odds and ends together for reassembly. This is where all the AMC links I've accumulated over the last 3 years will come in handy. Maybe I'll even post a pic or two.
    Art

74 Javelin

Default Goody!!!!!

Glad to hear that you have got started on the fine restoration of your Javelin. Hopefully everything (within reason of course) goes good for you. Keep us informed of the progress and some of the pitfalls that you will surely go thru.

Keep us updated, would love to see some pics!!

I just got off the phone with my rearend guy, 2300 bucks for a custom ford 9" with 3.73 gears and positraction. My wife is gonna have to postpone paying the bills for a while
    Art

74 Javelin

It's been almost a year since I posted this thread. I was excited when they told me the car was almost ready for paint and then for them it seemed to slip through the cracks. I've went to the body shop after receiving another "We are almost ready to put it in the booth" email.

The car is in the process of being wet sanded and preped for the spray booth. I'm thrilled that I actually may be getting the car back for real. I'm not doing a 100pt resto but I will be keeping the original color on the car in a base coat clear coat format. The car originally had a white ralley stripe down the side. I have not decided if it will go back on the car. I removed the very large bumper guards and filled the holes in the front and rear pans that they bolted to.

Here are some pics I've got and it really should be in the booth this week.

I tried to talk the shop out of the Mustang and 69 Firebird in the back ground but was not able to close that part of the deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Javelin2-1.jpg 
Views:	685 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	11   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Javelin3-1.jpg 
Views:	692 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	12   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Javelin4-1.jpg 
Views:	695 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	13  

Last edited by Javelin360; 02-19-2006 at 01:00 PM.
    Art

74 Javelin

Thumbs up sweet

looks really good, i hope you get it back soon. that rearend sounded a little steep $wise for me, but im sure it'll be worth it. good luck!

I've decided to forgo the custom rear and buy forged one piece axels instead.
    Art

74 Javelin

I picked it up today

Now the hard part starts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Javelinnp.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	14  
    Art

74 Javelin