Default 1969 AMC headliner falling

Hi I am looking for help the headliner is drooping but i do not want to take it
    down I heard that there is a spray glue with a needle that you can pierce the headliner without removing...anyone know anything bout this? thanks alot
    also it is not an original headliner ..it's a very nice cloth material and i don't want to mess it up

There's 3M Spray Adhesive which works great for carpet and headliner installation. I don't remember if comes with a needle or not. Usually when they droop what happens is the foam backing separates from the material making nice looking repairs pretty difficult to achieve.

FYI: Worst case scenario - if you need to replace the headliner; the cloth material sounds like what is very similar to what's in the Eagle's. It is foam backed headliner material that you can buy from most any of the larger fabric stores. It's available in a variety of colors and it's fairly inexpensive too, enough to do your Rebel won't bust a $20 bill. A lot of original AMC headliners have been replaced with the it.

Default saggy headliner

Don't even waste your time trying to "reglue" the headliner. The problem is that these type headliners are either vinyl or cloth bonded to a foam backing. The foam deteriates thus the material sags.

To replace it you will need to pull all the trims that hold up the headliner shell (including visors, garmet hooks dome light, and anything else that bolts on through the headliner), remove the shell from the car and lay it across a couple saw horses, remove all the old headliner and make sure you get all the foam off (you can do this with a hard brisle brush or wire brush-just be careful to not damage the shell).

Purchase foam backed cloth headliner at most fabric stores. Get three yards to be safe. Get the BEST spray adhesive (3M is good) you can find and coat both the shell and the back of the material. Apply the adhesive as uniformally as possible and don't miss any areas. Let the adhesive tack (set up) for about 5 minutes.

Have someone help by holding one end of the material while you hold the other. Hold the material above the shell and make sure you have enough material to exceed all four sides. Start in the middle and gently apply the material by pressing down with the heel of your palm. Do NOT use your fingertips as that can leave "impressions" in the material. Work from the center out and smooth/press all the material down. You can either trim the sides flush with a razor blade or rough trim and wrap about 1/4" around and glue to the back side. If your trims are wide enough to easily cover all four sides of the headliner shell you can flush trim it.

Now flip the headliner over and using a razor blade (get quite a few single edge as the cloth headliner dulls them quickly) you can easily cut out any holes for visors/dome lights. Use a punch to pop the holes through for visor screws, garmet hook screws, etc. Reinstall and your done.

OR, you can take the car to an upholstery shop and have this done for about $150.

Brad

Where can I find the headliner shell?

You can find a fiberglass one on ebay fro $135.

Click on the link below to goto it.
    www.ebay.com