Default Rollbar question

Anyone know of a manufacturer who makes an NHRA/IHRA approved 6 or 8 point rollbar for a 1977 Hornet AMX? How about one made for another vehicle that'll fit a Hornet? I don't want to start bending and fitting a "homemade" one when it only takes 1/4 of the time to install one from a chassis shop.

Hi! I wish I could give you a better answer, but this should help somewhat. I recently brought home a 74 Hornet hatchback with a 12 pt cage in it, and I believe there is a 'COMPETITION ENGINEERING' label that is tough to read anymore. A good chance that its from another chassis, perhaps a NOVA or something. I can also say that a buddy of mine has a pretty decent cage in his 77 AMX, I'll see what he says.

Craig

Thanks Craig - Any info is appreciated. I managed to find out find out what WON'T FIT(late Mustang, Camaro)

Default Roll bar

Good thing for me you spotted the Competition Engineering decal. All it took was a phone call and now my new 6 point roll bar is laying in the back of the Hornet waiting to be installed.

Default Rollbar question

Thanks gents Ill start the car and give it a go then... I reckon Ill probably need another battery anyway but at least I get to learn something in the process