Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Restoration Guide

I look forward to your input because your experience is valuable and any historical information that you gained from Larry Mitchell may be lost or forgotten. So your input will be a great source for all of us who love our cars.
    So I Thank you for your contribution :

Default Larry Mitchell

Is there any feed back on this mail from pros or experienced AMC experts.Have you had a chance to find you notes on what Larry Mitchell said on colors of the engine bay. I know that Mark Knapps engine bay is on Eddies Stakes site as a reference.

Look forward to your historical input

I will be posting info on this next week. Starting with engine and componets and going on from there. Information will be verified by three Senior CACI judges before being posted.

Part 1) AMC Concours Accepted Engine Component Colors and Finish for 1968, 1969 has been posted here:
    http://www.amx-perience.com/American...read.php?t=374

Part 2) Coming soon!

Default amx color restoration

I know in your restoration you say on each side of the radiator it is to be painted black. How far? Near the radiator only or farther out to the body?

To the inner fenders.

Default thanks

the photos I see showsx most amx have it painted the same as the body. the only item black is the radiator

Thumbs up

I thought that I would would chime in with a fact that we all need to obtain and share any and all AMC related information, before it slips away. I remember the first NW all AMC show/get-together that I ever knew about, Richard Teague was there, I had to work that weekend. What a missed opportunity .
    Even input that might be more opinion than fact, should be shared and discussed, to dispell any misconceptions and common myths that always seem to come up now and then. Part of what makes AMC so interesting and unique is being full of unorthodox innovations, small Dealer option packages, and the Killer "group 19" parts, I know this does'nt realy apply to the Concourse mentallity, but all young future AMC Jedi's will need to be shown the ways of the AMC Force from us Masters, even if we don't quite consider ourselves Masters, It is a dying art we practice, and fewer of us are around that still remember hearing " you drive a Rambler?!! Ha ha ha ha" before the race and " what the heck do you got in that thing!" after you showed them what AMC Hornet Tail lights look like!!! Food for thought!
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone,
    or can I say Merry AMX-mas

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ellas
    the photos I see showsx most amx have it painted the same as the body. the only item black is the radiator
    You are correct, I double checked and yes this area should be body color.
    I'll make the changes to the list.

Can I move my last reply to general discussion. I guess it doesn't really belong exactly here, becuase restoration is where the facts are! My bad...