Thread: spare tire info

Default spare tire info

gee, sorry to keep asking all these questions, but..........how does the space saver spare tire with bottle and such mount in the trunk---how is it stacked? If anyone could send me a picture that would be a big help. I just scored a space saver spare, now looking for the bottle, jack and such.

Thanks again,

Jim

dcoqm@yahoo.com

Go the the classifieds, For Sale, and check out the $25K white AMX. If you go to his site, he has more pictures, including a view of the spare, inflator, etc that should give you the idea what the stack should look like.

Thanks, that does help. I have seen several of the spares painted orange---which is correct, black or orange or does it matter? Also, in that picture the inflator bottle is sitting on what looks like a flat platform----is there a special piece that the bottle sits on and it sits on the spare? I know I can get the wire hold down for the bottle, the hold down for the spare tire with wing nut, but I have not seen that "platform" before this.

The spare tire is orange on one side, black on the other. It should be mounted orange side down. The spare tire parts are: Air bottle, Air bottle hold down wire, scissor jack, holding bolt, wingnut and the funky looking lug wrench.

Set the jack in first (off to the side of the bolt), then the wheel/tire - bolt through the center, then the lug wrench - the bolt goes through the hole in the handle. Next is the air bottle that's held with the wire.

Thanks, that is what I needed. Is the orange side the inside of the wheel?

Just my curiosity ... is the orange side for road safety? When turned toward traffic, it would show up easier at night when your changing your tire.

Question Painted Wheels

Don't really know of the reasoning as to why the wheels were painted orange and black. Guess the folks at AMC wanted to be different and all. Goes to show you that those folks had a sense of humor in that of all the questions as to why they are painted in such a matter and no one to answer the question.

ummm....Kenosha is in Wisconsin.
    Harley fans?

Default spare tire info

The rim was painted orange as a safety reminder. The space saver tires were not ment to be driven on for any length of time. In order to discourage the continued use of the space saver tire, AMC had the outside painted bright orange...