Default Hello From Tennessee

Just a note to say Hello. I live in Upper middle TN. I have been an AMC Eagle SX/4 Fanatic for quite a few years. We owned one from 1985 to 1990. Her demise is from a head on accident by a drunk driver. Yes, Rick survived but my 1981 didn't fare as well. I waited 15 years to get another one. 3 young kids don't fit well in a small car.

I found one on the internet last Easter. We traveled to Milwaukee, WI to get her. A 1983 fully loaded Sx/4. Since then I've collected a total of 6 1983's. Ok, It's waaaay past obsession! Great to be a forum member!

Hello and Welcome! The Eagle's are great cars. I don't have an SX/4 but an '80 Wagon. Love it! Can't believe there weren't a bazillion buyers for 'em.

Again, Welcome to the Forum and enjoy seeing your pics in the Gallery.

Default Thank you

I love this forum. And I REALLY love the Photo Gallery!

You know, I do wish more female's were into AMC's. In my house I'm the fanatic. My husband and son's work on the Eagle's. My husband is not as "hard Core" as I am. My son's are both AMC'ers. Tony has a 76 CJ7 that he's restoring. Body gets done the first of the year. Complete frame off resto. My son Rickey has an 82 Cherokee Laredo and a 78 Cherokee Chief. At least I raised 2 of my 3 kids right! My daughter doesn't appreciate my enthusiasm.

Don't know if you've read this article or not, but I bet you'll find it interesting. Written by a lady AMCer.
    http://www.amx-perience.com/SilverState1993.htm

A 258 in the CJ? Or 304? Once upon a time I had an '82 CJ-5 w/258. Had a blast in that thing.

Default CJ7 Engine

Nope, it has a 304.