Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Overpriced??

You have made some good points, but perhaps you are not looking at it from the same point of view as me. You have a 1969 BBG AMX with a non running 390 four speed setup.How many were made of this car? Once again based on color rough estimate of 284 units. Break it down from there 390/4spd, california special. I see this as a very rare muscle car. Hence it should draw a amount of interest and price that is deserving of a rare muscle car of this period. Put a Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi car/auto on that auction block with no motor and low mileage on the body and see what they pay for that. Production total of around 100 units for that Plymouth. As with any thing else that is sold on a open market it is all supply and demand. By the way my friend has that Plymouth. Garage kept for almost 24 years now. He has never driven the car , he bought it with no engine around 1980. Would someone pay $20000 for that car?? Yeah, probably

Talking AMC Muscle

Yea, you are probably right about this issue in the rarity of the vehicles themselves. I do have a friend who has the California Special AMX, although not perfect, it is a nice looker. I kind go for the total production numbers for 68-70 and even at that they did not break 14,000 cars. Taken also consideration of how many have been wrecked, trashed, or otherwise disabled, it does not leave many left. I keep my AMX and Javelin, I even told my wife to bury me in the Javelin (I do not think Colorado will allow it) because then I will have something to beat friends who drove the other three makes in heaven (or hell ). My Javelin has really come alive since I ditched the 304 and stuck a semi-built 360 in it. FYI the Javelin has about 95,000 and the AMX has 47,000 miles on them. Not the lowest miles in the world, but I do know every bolt, screw, and nut on a personal level.