Question is there any difference in 73-74 javelins? at all?

the reason i was wondering is because i have a 74 technical service manual i was wondering if all of the stuff covered was the same, body, interior, engine , etc if anybody knows please let me know thanks
    AMC American Muscle Car!!!

i love them AMC door handles!!!

73 and 74 are the same externaly... there are minor yet different electrical and heating, smog, and other minor little stuff. As I recall the 74 manual is better than the 73 and can be used. Just be careful when trying to identify what may or may not be on your car. For example... 73 1/2 cars have a temp control TCS on both the engine and up near the radiator. Only the 73 manual will show this. Not many people know much about the minor differences and consider 73 and 74 the same. I think 74 may have a different distributor advance curv and distributer all together. Don't take this as fact, if your manual does show the standard Delco distributor then only the advance curve is different.

I would agree with the above, mostly emissions and minor tweaks that generally went unnoticed.

Thumbs up thanks alot guys!

im happy to hear that, and i just bought the 1973 technical service manual for almost half of what i payed for the 74 manual! being that mine is a 73 1/2 it will pay to have them both!

Smile Door Handles

Who was the guy at AMC (hint) that invented the door handles and what year was it? AMC was one of the first car companies that featured the flush type of door handles, but then again you will hear agruments claiming that Ford, GM, or Chrysler were the first ones. Just a trivia type of message and if you want an answer to the above questions, just respond here and then we will intertain our selves for awhile.

Question hummmmmm......

im not sure! i think they came out on cars after '68, i just love the sideways pull, and the rectangle shape, and the brushed look of them handles. i really do! most people that i know dont, but then again most people dont even know what a AMC is!

Talking Door Inventor

The person who invented AMC's famous door handles was Fred Hudson, Chief Stylist Exterior. He invented them in March of 1966 and they were featured on just about every AMC produced starting in 1968. They were originally designed for the new Javelin that debut that year but were fitted into every model to save costs of each car having it's own door handle.