Thread: AMC repro parts

Default AMC repro parts

Does anyone know where good repro AMC parts can be found? The junkyards have long since sent every last AMC to China in little pieces.

or at least it seems like it.

This is especially front quarter panels, the inner fenders (which tend to rust out), and interior dash panels (green).

I have a 74 Javelin fyi.

Kennedy American does a good job, along with American Parts Depot and American Performance. Check out Eddie Stakes website Planethouston.com and go to vendors, there is a list of good vendors there.

You can also try the two long-time AMC vendors that support this website:

AMX Enterprises, Ltd.

California Classic AMC Inc.

Follow the links for their online catalog or parts listing.

Default repro parts

I recently talked with Tony at California Classics and he doesn't have too much good to say about repro parts. I was looking for some scoops for my 69 javelin and he wouldn't recommend anybody. Meaning he didn't feel the quality was good enough. Hmmmm
    Last edited by My69jav; 12-22-2006 at 04:39 PM.

There is a lot of good reproduction stuff out there. I got reproduction trendsetters ( awesome )and reproduction front spoiler ( really nice ) on my car. Some parts aren't good. I had some bad SST emblems, but for the most part, most of the repro stuff is good, and getting better.

So who would be the best for interior parts? And how bad does it hurt the value when using after market parts?

Legendary Interiors for seat foam, covers and door panels. AMX Enterprises for carpet. Stay away from the repro side chrome seat covers (behind the recliner levers), they look like they have the "quality" of a cheap carnival prize. What are the pieces and colors that you need?