Default real Mark Donahue?

my dad has a 71 Mark Donahue, and as far as we know its the real deal. im just looking to see if theres some way to confirm that it is indeed a MD. what should i be looking for on it?

Sorry, only in 1970 they were sold as Mark Donohue's... must be a dealer thing. The only way to confirm it is to look up the dealer, paper work, and ad if possible. Usually the dealer will place ads for special cars, that the factory does not sell under as a normal option. Yenko for example... well any way 71's are hard to come by, and if you have a non-SST version the more rarer. It seems that the 304's in standard trim are sought after by collectors (but must be 100% and well kept), 401's in SST and AMX trim are even more.

woops, see i made a mistake here. its a 70, not 71. its an SST MD. beleive it says 360 on the front fenders, but i know its a 390 under the hood. now.

Hi, since you do have a 70... you will need dealer paperwork. There is nothing more than that to prove a Mark Donohue car. If possible restore it back to original if paperwork is available. Too many clones can be made... I may be wrong but I think the Mark Donohue's are 390 only... unlike the Big Bad color cars.

Someone please confirm.

i was afraid of that. my dad bought the car years ago from some one and all he got was a title. we have no idea where the car came from or any kind of dealer paper.

ill just keep on thinking that its a real MD, and whever it gets restored itll continue to be a MD.

Question Maybe I'm wrong

I believe that the MD 70 Javelins could be had with a 360 or the 390. This car was available for only one year. I believe that it could be odered in just about any color that was available for that year. The same with the options and the such, but I could be in error. I'll look it up tonight and make an edit on this post in a few days

Post Update

Quote Originally Posted by donsjave
    I believe that the MD 70 Javelins could be had with a 360 or the 390. This car was available for only one year. I believe that it could be odered in just about any color that was available for that year. The same with the options and the such, but I could be in error. I'll look it up tonight and make an edit on this post in a few days
    The Mark Donohue Javelin was available for the 1970 model year run. The standard engine was the Go-Pak 360 engine with the 390 as an option. All cars could be had in any color offered for that year. All cars were suppose to be ram air inducted with the 4 speed on the floor or Automatic on the floor with the console although there were cars built that had non functioning ram air hoods and the auktomatic on the column. Numbers of these cars are unknown however total production numbers for the cars were 2501 cars in their entirity. They also could be ordered with any options listed for the 70 model year run. Source is AMC Muscle by Larry Mitchell

also the Big Bad colors made the donohue even rarer produced in them colors.Original Donohues were produce from Dec.-March if I'm not mistaken.Someone correct me if I'm wrong.