Default Concours Accepted Engine Compartment Component Colors

The following information has been verified by Classic AMX Club International, American Motorsport, AMC World Clubs founder and National Director (retired) Larry Mitchell. Author of the books "AMC Buyers Guide" and "AMC Muscle Cars". Owner AMX Enterprises, Inc.

In addition it has been verified by a former CACI Senior Judge.

Note: Eastwood products are used here for reference purposes. Other products can certainly be used if desired.

AMC Concours Accepted
    1968-1969 AMX and Javelin
    Engine Compartment Component Colors and Finish

The following items should be painted body color in Acrylic Enamel: Firewall - Inner Fenders - Fender to inner fender bolts - Underside of hood - Hood hinges and springs - hood latch and bolts (on hood) - cowl to hood seal hold down brace - radiator support - area on each side of radiator (inside visible from engine compartment) area on each side of radiator (outside visible through grille), fender brace bolts. The hood latch catch (on body), hood latch catch support, should be body color on Javelins but on the AMX it should be sprayed with Semi-flat black.

Eastwood's Underhood Black Semi Gloss: Fender braces - Radiator baffle (cover panel) - A/C dryer - Grille braces and hardware - Power brake booster reservoir - heater motor - battery tray – horns.

Radiator Black 12 oz Satin Finish: Radiator - A/C condenser.

The following items should be Natural Finish: Radiator cap - Brake master cylinder - Brake master cylinder wire clamp - heater control valve – horn relay - firewall cable cover (behind brake reservoir) - washer hose squirters - brake lines - fuel lines - voltage regulator (use Reproduction Voltage Regulator ID Tags if needed).

Yellow/Gold Cadmium plated: Windshield wiper motor and mounting plate assembly - Brake master cylinder cap.

Available and Accepted Reproduction items: Hood insulation was standard on AMX. AMC Red Top battery. Date Coded original style reproduction spark plug wires. Battery cables w/correct right angle and starter hot lead with asbestos sock shield. Radiator baffle seal (A/C cars only), hood seal (underside leading edge), cowl to hood seal.

Available Reproduction Under hood Decals: (other than air cleaner): Emissions (4-speed or Automatic), Coolant overflow, Battery warning, A/C Compressor.

Click here for some reference photos.

Last edited by Big Bad AMX; 12-21-2005 at 04:18 PM.

Default Restoration Guide Part Three

ARE YOU PLANNING TO AD ANY RESTORATIONS HINTS FOR CONCOURSE TO MAG WHEELS FOR THE 69 AMX.

I was debating between sem paint for the black paint for the mags or seymour semi gloss any thoughts?

any additions for concourse colors for the following

UNDERCARRIAGE?

ANY OTHER JAVELIN OR AMX FOR DIFFIRENT YEARS?

Next on the agenda is the trunk. Then the interior before moving to the exterior, wheels or undercarriage. When the 1968 and 1969 AMX is done the 1970 AMX will be next. I have no plans for the Javelin.

Great I look forward to the 70 as i'm restoring one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad AMX
    Next on the agenda is the trunk. Then the interior before moving to the exterior, wheels or undercarriage. When the 1968 and 1969 AMX is done the 1970 AMX will be next. I have no plans for the Javelin.

Unhappy okie dokie

hey amx's are sweet but dont put off the javelin because its not an amx. it deserves some time and love too

It's not meant to imply that Javelin's are any less of a car, they certainly are not. It's just that the wide range of options available on the Javelins vs. the AMX would make the project much, much larger. It would require more time and resources than I presently have available.

Default Wrong

Yellow/Gold Cadmium plated: Windshield wiper motor and mounting plate assembly - Brake master cylinder cap.

These are not cad plated they are zinc plated. Yellow zinc is the industry term but proper name is Zinc with dichromate.
    Cad and zinc are VERY often confused cause they look alike but cad is duller finish and when preping for plating it strips differently.