Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default cracked brass fuel tank float in '68-'70 Javelin/AMX

    These are almost always cracked when you remove the sending unit from the tank and no longer 'float'. What to do if the sending unit itself is good? Normally it cracks in the depression where it clips on the wire so soldering or brazing is not always the best option. Often you will find numerous cracks also.

    Get a brass fuel tank float from a Mustang vendor. A '64 1/2 to '73 Mustang sending unit uses an identical float to early Javelin/AMX even though the sending units themselves are quite different. I sourced mine from Classic Mustang Parts of Oklahoma. The part number was C8ZZ-9A275-CR. A search on any good search engine should turn up their website. Some AMC vendors may have these now...I am not sure. AMC itself did not originally service this part seperately.

    This is not an endorsement of any 'vendor' over any other. Just telling what worked for me and a source I know that's good.
    Last edited by heyjavelin; 11-09-2004 at 09:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005


    Great info. I crammed a used carb float on the end of my 75 Gremlin sender arm and it works great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts