Question Door adjustment 69 javelin

Can anyone help me or tell me where to look.....I put brand new door bushings and new door rubber around the the door.....now I am having a tough time lining up the door to get it to shut perfect.........it sits 1/8 inch low on the latch side and when I shut it the bottom sticks out at least a 1/8"inch.............before I put the rubber on the door shut fine.........the rubber was order properly .........anyways it looks like the door needs a little lift and pull in at the bottom this is easier said then done ............?

Anybody have some sort of schematic or a area I can get some advice

A couple things Hell driver...

You say the door is low by the latch side, meaning where it lines up to the quarter panel. Is the gap even between the door and quarter panel or is it tighter at the top than bottom.

If it is even then you need to loosen the bolts from the hinge to door and raise the entire door up and retighten. A jack under the bottom front door edge works well to help lift.

If the gap is uneven then you may have to loosen the hinge bolts on the A piller (hinge piller) and move the hinge forward.

you may have to raise the striker as well to compansate

If the bottom of the door is sticking out, loosen the hinge bolts to the door on the lower hinge and pull the front edge of the door in a bit and retighten, check for alighnment and redo as needed.

You said you put new rubber around the door.
    In my many years as a tech i found that most all replecement rubbers will need time to seat.
    Most muscle cars I've restored that had new weather strips always had problems with the door shutting. Doors will line up perfect prior to the new rubber than won't shut worth a damn. Most new rubbers aren't exact as the time OEM rubbers were.
    I would give it a month to let the rubber compress and the revaluate the situation.

Hope this helps

Wink

I will give this a try tonight......thanks alot

Wink Door adjustment

Thanks
    the floor jack seem to helped alot....still think the new rubbers are going to need some time to set in.

Glad to hear it worked out

Just give it time on the rubbers eventually the doors will close better.