1. Default non-original enhancements to '74 Javelin AMX

i've made some non-original enhancements to outside of my '74 Javelin AMX and wanted to share some pics.

this pic shows the powder coated wheels that are now on the car. the inner black band is noticeably missing.

here are pics of the rechromed bumpers (front and rear) with the chrome guards that replaced the original black rubber bumper guards. you can also see the muffler tip that i installed and a bit of the stainless steel splash guard.

here's a pic of the rear quarter

Thumbs up Enhancements

I guess to each his own. I kind of like all of the pics, but I am a Javie fan anyway. My 71 SST will have the chrome bumper guards on it someday as soon as I can find some decent front guards. I like the wheels, something stock, but customized a little to fit the personal taste of the owner. Kind of cool looking.

3. Default bumper guards

thanks for the input donsjave. i have collected three extra chrome front bumper guards in my search to find the best two. two of them have the rubber guards. one of the rubber guards is in decent shape. the other rubber guard is a bit twisted, but could be bent back straight with some effort. if you'd like to see pics, then send me your email address and i'll be happy to make some photos.

Exclamation

very nice car. i have aftermarket pipes on my 69 javelin and im still torn between new tips or trendsetters.. i like the chrome bumper guards and the wheels look fantastic good job man

5. Default

sstlover, thanks for the compliments. you've got a special car in that 69. i saw one on tv the other night just laying tracks as long as it wanted. i wish the 70's models could get the attention of the late 60's AMX's.

they had a 6 minute special on the 70 amx today on "muscle car" the new show on spike. its on at 1130 on sundays and idk when on saturdays. a few weeks ago they had a small special on the alabama highway chase vehicles (72 401 javelin) !!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sstlover666
    a few weeks ago they had a small special on the alabama highway chase vehicles (72 401 javelin) !!
    i had one of those when i was in college in '79. wrecked it and sold it for what i could get out of it. one of those that got away.....

thats sad. those things are legendary and if restored could bring in some big bucks. it'd be so cool to explain what it is to everybody though, id never wanna sell it! i hear they were really fast too