Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Mods

Exclamation Body Mods

what kind of body mods/ replacements are out there that can make my 69 javelin stand out?

Keep in mind your Javelin will stand out in any crowd simply because it's a Javelin and not a Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Cuda, etc. But if I were to modify a 69 Javelin to really make a visual statement I'd either go with the Mod Pack option or build a Kaplan Trans-Am race car clone.
    Fiberglass front, rear and roof spoilers along with fenders, hoods, trunk lids, bumpers, doors and hood scoops can be found at Frank's Custom Fiberglass in PA.

Red face

hey thanx. im already lookind into wild hoods and paint scheemes but i am also thinking about a spoiler that gives it a little racier of a look. i like the mark donahue spoilers but i was thinking somethin more like

http://www.auto-trim.com/aluminumwings/black-v-1.jpg
    but painted to match. does that franks place have any sort of catalouge i can recieve? thnx

Your Javelin WILL stand out no matter what you do. Go to any local show and count how many AMCs you see there. At the shows I go to, if my brother and I don't bring our cars then it is zero. So, you don't have to put anything on the car to make it stand out, especially a ricer wing. Not to be a hypocrite, I did make some mods to my car. Go to http://www.amx-perience.com/AMCgalle...to=270&cat=500
    and see the car. I added a wing that was bought out of a JC Whitney catalog in the 70's, louvers, Mod hood scoops, a 1970 TA front chin spoiler, and Javelin Reproductions Trendsetters (side exhaust). And to tell the truth, I get more comments on the exhaust than anything.

Cool nice

pretty nice. im lookin at some trendsetters i saw in southtexasamc's website. are those the same thing? im diggin the rear window shade kinda thing. can you gimme some info on where you got it? the spoiler is like what i want. i just want it off the trunk to look and act a little racier. im planning on going to an amx hood with a scoop and paintind the whole car (including rusty chrome bumpers) black.

I believe they are the same. I don't know anybody else reproducing Trendsetters except Javelin Reproductions.

AMC had a wing type spoiler in 1968 and 1969 that were used in Trans-Am racing and were available as a dealer option. It's commonly referred to as a Kaplan Spoiler. Some folks like the looks of the Donohue spoiler that came out in 1970 on 68-69's. Both are available as a reproduction. You can see them in the Trans-Am racing section of this website. Or shop around and find something you like as bigbad68 did.

I don't know if Frank's has a catalog.

If I had the money I would have gone with a Donohue rear spoiler, but the one I got was very cheap. Call Frank's Fiberglass at 610 488 9132 and ask for a catalog ( I think they have them). Or get a roof spoiler. how many cars have you seen with one of those? The 69 Mod Javelins had them.

As for the trendsetters, either give Kennedy American a call at614 879 7283 or Javelin Reproductions at 763 754 9086. Both can set you up with everything you need for the exhaust (ie mounting hardware and pipes).

Look on ebay or go to an AMC specific car show for the rear window louvers. I got mine at the AMO car show in St Louis back in the late 90's.
    Last edited by bigbad68; 02-04-2006 at 07:33 PM.

i read something about amx's having brake-cooling scoops? im wondering if these are like the road runner or mustang side scoops that looked so cool or if they were something else? if they are like the roadrunners can i put some that function onto my javelin? (im expecting some fabrication)

The "brake cooling scoops" are on the 1970 AMX. They are in the bumpers. If you look at photos of 70 Javelin and AMXs, notice the front turn signals. The Javelin has them in the bumper and the AMX in the grill. To fill the spot in the bumper (since the AMX and Javelin share bumpers) AMC put plastic scoops that they said were for cooling the brakes.

10. Default cool

im thinking of mounting my turn signals in that same manner but if i have "scoops" i would definently want them to be functional. as i said before i am definently not restoring my car to original. thanx for the info it will definently help