Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body Mods

The scoops are not that functional.

2. Default well..

i'll still try to make something work. performance and good looks are key here, not historical accuracy. - this is my first car and i want to have some fun with it, and not be a rice burner/wigger pardon my french

Default 70 hood scoop

sheck this guy out on e-bay. I have hear really great things about the quality of his product. He makes a 69 amx hood witha 70 scoop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-...temZ4616386755

4. Default yeah...

it looks like a straight 70 hood, which will not fit my 69. im probably going to get an amx stock hood and custom make a functioning hood scoop, im pretty good with fiberglass

Here's a picture of a forum member's '69 BBG Javelin with Mod Pack hood. You can see how good the scoops look on a Javelin. Though not funtional stock it would be easy enough to make them functional.
    http://www.amx-perience.com/AMCgalle...oto=73&cat=511
    It's just another suggestion in case you hadn't seen them before.

6. Default yeah..

yeah ive seen it but its not exactly what i want (hood-wise) i plan on the rear window louvers and the side exhaust. my dad is convincing me to re-vinyl the roof and paint the car dark green. i think this sounds beautiful. i am definently making a custom car out of this. i am painting the bumpers and the exhaust covers hi gloss black. the bumper mounting bolts will be chrome to be a little stand out piece on my front end. i dont know what i am doing about lights on the front, but on the back i am replacing my worn bulbs and putting led's all the way across (behind the red plastic thing). i will have two rows, the top row will function as a third brake light, the bottom row will be split to use as turn signals.

I imagine on the front i might remove the license plate mount and weld in new metal to make that smooth. i will replace the orange turn signal covers with clear ones and the yellowy bulbs with orange ones. i plan on maybe doubling the front lights so the grill will look like this 0(0 AMC 0)0

please leave some comments or suggestions

To me, the mods you say you are going to do may sound cool and easy to do but they may not be and then you would have destroyed something that will cost a lot of money to replace ( like the rear reflector and the grill ). Other than that, to each your own. Do what you like. Nobody else may like it, but it is not their car. With my car, anything that I did I made sure that the car could be put back to stock without a problem. I didn't cut anything or weld anything extra on. Javelins stand out any ways so I didn't have to do much to get attention.

8. Default its my car

its not a javelin en process to be restored, its a javelin becoming a custom muscle car. I want it to be distinctevly different from the mustangs but i am not making a ricer/tuner. it will be a custom that pays homage to the decades of hot rodding and the modern image of what is cool. this is the first car i have ever done and i want to be proud of it and enjoy it.