1. Default '74 Javelin steering

The power steering on my '74 Javelin doesn't provide much feel to the road as the wheel is quite easy to rotate at any speed. I guess that was the technology in those days. I was wondering if anyone has made modifications to the steering mechanism to give it better feel like the power assist that is available most cars today.

Here is the phone number to a Benchworks Steering Systems here in Scottsdale, Arizona. They can rebuild your Saginaw gear box , flex coupling, and give you as much road feel as you want. Give them a call and pick their brain, their prices seemed reasonable as well. $200-$400 for the performance gear box depending on level of upgrade. 480/946-3992. Good luck-Scott

3. Default

Thanks for the quick reply Colt 50. I'll give them a call and post the highlights of our discussion.

4. Default

talked with Matt at Benchwork Steering. Sounds like they know the Saginaw gear box. I'm going to ship them mine and have them put a 12:1 in (which should firm up the feel). Thanks for passing on the info.

Glad I could help out. Let us know how the new 'feel' is.