Thread: Amc 360

Cool Amc 360

Im replacing my stock 290 with a 360 im planning on boring out and rebuilding. i know edlebrock has some nice heads and intake manifolds but can any one else give me some performance upgrade suggestions? im looking for a four barrel carb as well, does anyone no a website that has good holleys? thnx

Jegs or Summit will have carbs. Or go to a swap meet and buy an used one. If you want a little more performance from the motor, look at Edlebrock intake and cam kits. Unless you have lots of money, keep the stock heads. They are a very good flowing head.

Arrow Dog leg??

whats a dog leg head, and will my 360 jeep engine have one on it?

All 360s came with dogleg heads. Anything 1970 and newer has dogleg heads. Dogleg heads are a better flowing head.

Lightbulb

so i can use those shiny new edelbrock headers????

Make sure you get the ones for dogleg heads. They are basically the same dimensions as the free flow exhaust manifolds.

how much should i expect to pay and what, performance wise, am i getting?

You may feel a difference with performance. Sure would look nice under the hood. Check out Jeg's or Summit for prices, as I don't know.

Talking

ok. im boring it out, probably new pitons, rebuilding the heads, brand new headers brand new carb and a fuctional hood scoop. it all might cost a little money but i'll definently have the fastest pony in town. thanks alot, im sure it'll turn heads