Default Gas Tank Volumne

How many gallons does the 69 Javelin sst 390 gas tank hold?

1968 and 1969 AMX and Javelin hold 19 gallons. All engine sizes.

1970 AMX and Javelin hold 19 gallons except California cars which had 16 gallon tanks. All engine sizes.

Nineteen ! a-ha!, thats what I thought! How does one go about finding out if they have a California Emissions car?? Does the exhaust smell like citrus fruit and sun tan oil? LOL. but seriouusly,
    Ever since I was the victim of a gas theft, well, a gasoline for dirty pine needle filled water exchange. My 1970 Javelin appears to only take about 10 gallons at filler-up time. I haven't had a chance to actually pull the tank, and it is not dented (not 9 gallon dented!). Apparently the sock filter at the pick up is non existant, accordiing to the amount of crapolla I have pulled from my filter, it is one of those see thru glass/chrome jobs. but it has been fairly debris free receantly. I thought I ran out of gas a while back, put a two gallon can in it, drove to the station and filled it all the way untill gas was ready to pour out, and WALLAH! about 9 to 10 Gallons. Could my tank be mounted wrong? could there be like rocks in it? The gauge reads from full, down to empty(10 gal later), Receantly, my flashing low level light has cease to function, but the gauge seems to be working. I guess I am going to pull the tank and have a look inside.
    Is there a universal in-tank filter sock I can get at the local Parts store, or will I need to find a NOS stock one?

Yikes, sorry to hear that. They can't just steal gas anymore, they have to do damage as well.

I would definately pull the tank and flush it. I would not use an inner coating product unless it was to try to fix an otherwise unuseable tank. I opted to leave the sock off of mine and use a see-through inline filter. It's easier to replace that way.

Just a word of caution about the chrome/glass inline filters: A friend had one of those that shattered and spread gas around the engine which of course, ignited. Fortunately they got it put out before doing major damage but just be aware that they can shatter.