Default points to electronic ignition

What options do I have for switching from the point to an electronic / electronic assist ignition?
    Thank You

Post Options for dist conversion

Quote Originally Posted by fitz11
    What options do I have for switching from the point to an electronic / electronic assist ignition?
    Thank You
    The options are many and from what I have seen, they all work for the most part. The easiest is to change from a point type system to that of a magnetic electronic dist. These are sold thru MSD and are a drop in unit. Take out the old dist and drop the new one in. MSD sells this dist without a box and can be hooked up by wiring in three wires. As an option, you can addd the box if so desired. The other method is replace the points system with a Petronics setup. I have not tried this setup and cannot vouch for its durabilty. You can simply remove the points, condensor, and assoicated wiring and put in the Petronics units in the place of the points and condensor. Gives the stock appearance that some people want and the advantage of a Electronic ignition setup. Good Luck.

Default electronics

I have a Petronix in my '68 AMX and it works great and you cannot tell it is there and it is under $100. For more information go to www.threejeffsamc.com and there is a write up on the installation somewhere on their web site.