Default Help Out A Newby....

Hello,

I am in in unfamliar territory (Being a GM guy!) and was wondering if you could help? I have aquired a mint 1969 AMC REBEL 4 DR with a 258ci / T14 drivtrain combo. I want to make a mean sleepr out of it. I am going to build the 258 up with Clifford Research Components and have a few areas I need guidance in.

1. Does anyone make a floor shifter for the T14 box so I can convert from the column shift? I though I would keep it instead of going the T10 route.

2. I have read about the brake upgrade using later AMC components, but does any aftermarket company make the brackets so I could just purchase "new" re-man calipers, master, and rotors? I ma having a hard time aquiring these from junk yards.

3. Does anyone have information on these models? Like weight, # produced, etc....?

Any informaiton would be greatly appreciated!

I don't believe that anyone makes the brake brackets. What cars are you looking for with the brackets on? For my 68 Javelin, I got 74 Javelin brakes, but I think that many other AMC cars had the same brake set-up.

Thanks for the reply. I have had a time trying to find ANY AMC's in the Memphis area. The ones I have found have been already stripped. I will just keep looking I guess!