Thread: 360 Performance

Hybrid View

Default 360 Performance

Hi Guys,

Do any of you know where I can get a free catalog of performance parts for the AMC 360 V8. I just put one in my Hornet and it's a great motor, but I would like to bump the horsepower up a little bit. (Maybe a Holley carb and a set of Hedman Headers) Any help will be appreciated.

Bryce Burden

Hi Bryce,
    You may want to take a look at Edelbrock's new shorty headers for AMC. A Performer or Air Gap intake is worth a look. Edelbrock has recently released some pretty nice performance parts for AMC. Aluminum heads, fuel injection setup and shorty headers.
    http://www.edelbrock.com/

Or try Summit Racing for the Holley carb. I wouldn't go any bigger than a 600cfm http://www.summitracing.com/

Talking 360 goodies

You ought to try the Erson AMC20TQ cam (or something like it, went to respond and now I cannot remember the stupid part number). However it is made by Erson Cams and goes for around 190.00. I have it in a 390 car and it can really bust some **** going down the road. The power line is 1500-5400 RPM and it doesn't make your car sound like a lopy engine at the stop light and it can fool some of those Ford Mustang people. Love it and woop **** and fool them all

Default 360 perfomance

Hi Bryce, As stated, Summit has a nice web site, CompCams, Crane, Jeg's, PAW, all have websites as well. PAW has links to all the performance manufacturers that sell parts in their huge paper catalog. Check em out...

[QUOTE=Big Bad AMX] I wouldn't go any bigger than a 600cfm

I thought AMC engines (360-up) with cam, headers, intake, cleaned up heads responded well to larger carbs (700cfm for example) than sbcs and others for some oddball reason.
    *"learned" from amcforums.net, which is closed

I thought AMC engines (360-up) with cam, headers, intake, cleaned up heads responded well to larger carbs (700cfm for example) than sbcs and others for some oddball reason.
    *"learned" from amcforums.net, which is closed
    That's correct, but for what he's wanting to do (i.e. bump the horsepower up a little bit with just a carb and exhaust - I assumed a stock engine by the info provided) it's easy to over carburate and in this case a well tuned 600 cfm would perform better than a 700cfm, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad AMX
    That's correct, but for what he's wanting to do (i.e. bump the horsepower up a little bit with just a carb and exhaust - I assumed a stock engine by the info provided) it's easy to over carburate and in this case a well tuned 600 cfm would perform better than a 700cfm, IMO.

very true, all engine components must "match" for optimum performance.