Thread: Trading

Default Trading

Hello.
    I tried posting the following post on the Studebaker website and got extremly rude comments and then I got deleted from the club website. And that it because the people on that website can not handle conversation about any other brand but Studebaker and the occasional Packard. So, I have decided to ask the same question here and hope to God I dont get deleted. I was accused of 'just trying to cause trouble' when I posted this. I have a 1960 Studebaker Lark flat head 6, non running, and I was going to trade it for a 1960 Rambler 4 door 196 OHV running 6. The Rambler comes with a 1955 Nash 'parts car'. I need to know if this is a good trade or not. The Studebaker is a 2 door sedan.
    Thanks

I don't know the value of Studebakers but a non-running two-door for a running four-door plus a parts car (not sure of a parts interchange benefit between the two) doesn't sound like a bad trade depending on which fits your plans better. Being a two-door the Stude is probably worth as much or more than the other two (but again, depending on condition). It really sounds like it's more of a personal preference decision than one of dollar value.