Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Default Please look again,I added a picture...Please help with trim clips...

    Please forgive the double post but there has been no one in the other forum in the las 30 days....I NEED HELP!!!
    If anyone reads this please point me in the right direction....My 65 Rambler Classic is all done...She got a total restoration and I am finishing up on the trim...I'm down to the last piece that goes around the back of the roof line...all but about two clips are gone or broke from the pin that holds it to the car.I can't find any anywhere....I think it measures about 3/16 by 5/16 and is in the shape of an "H" when looking at the top of it and has a pin in the middle that attaches to the car.....The same clips are used on the trim piece that runs along the front of the hood...They have P41 99 11 and I think 44 on them,I'm not sure if those are part numbers or not...I need a couple dozen of these clips or any ideas on a different way to attach....
    Last edited by windsweptrambler; 08-30-2006 at 07:57 PM. Reason: I added a picture

  2. #2

    Default clips

    I get clips at my local automotive paint store. What they dont stock they order. I dont know the brand right off hand but they make about a thousand different clips. If you cant find a paint store, leme know and I"ll go cross town next week and see what brand they are.. Maybe they have a web site.

  3. #3


    Thanks for the input...I have checked with everyone I can think of...all the body shops,paint stores,auto parts stores,junk yards,internet fastener suppliers and a bunch of internet AMC parts people...what I need is to find someone that has restored an AMC that needed the exact clip as what I need...I need to know what they did...They had to of used this clip on other AMC models and maybe another make like Ford or Mopar...I can't imagin this was a one time only used clip...

  4. #4


    I can't help with a specific part but if you haven't already checked this site you may want to see if they've got something that'll work. Click on their products link to see clips with pictures.

    The '79 Mustang used a side moulding clip (CP79-5067) that is a bit like you've described (H with a post), which is similar to the Eagle roof rail clips (but it's wider and won't work on an Eagle).

    Can you post a picture?


  5. #5


    Here is a picture of the clip...It is painted so look close....This piece of trim wraps around the top of the rear part of the roof and goes down on both sides.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts