Smile handy Carter AFB air cleaner gasket

Some of the carb kits don't have the air cleaner gasket with them. For a '67-'69 Carter AFB go pickup a gasket for late 80s-early 90s Iron Duke 2.5 L Pontiac throttle body to air cleaner gasket.
    Fel-Pro part # is 60706. It's a near perfect fit for the old original AFBs.

Quote Originally Posted by heyjavelin
    Some of the carb kits don't have the air cleaner gasket with them. For a '67-'69 Carter AFB go pickup a gasket for late 80s-early 90s Iron Duke 2.5 L Pontiac throttle body to air cleaner gasket.
    Fel-Pro part # is 60706. It's a near perfect fit for the old original AFBs.
    I thought that most 4 BBL came in one basic generic size. How the air cleaner gasket off of a Holley or Rochester stait bore??? I once took a the gasket that was on a holley and stuck on the Carter AFB. Fit real nice too and still in use today.

"I thought that most 4 BBL came in one basic generic size. How the air cleaner gasket off of a Holley or Rochester stait bore??? I once took a the gasket that was on a holley and stuck on the Carter AFB. Fit real nice too and still in use today."

A modern Edelbrock/Weber Performer (AFB) is larger than the original OE 'small' AFBs '69 and back and will not fit. So no.......there isn't any generic 4bl. size. Some 4 bl. air cleaners will swap and some won't.

Also I forgot to mention the Fel-Pro gasket number I quote is not a cheap paper gasket. It's a nice quality gasket that should last many years. Normally if carb. kits come with an air cleaner gasket it's the thin paper type. This is a much better gasket material.

Of course if you have something that works, by all means use it.
    Last edited by heyjavelin; 01-18-2005 at 04:08 PM.

Default Okay

My mistake, when you turn 45 all the stuff leaks out. Thanks for the info