Default Easy glass cleaning tip

If it seems like all the glass cleaner in the world won't remove those pesky water spots on your windows caused by minerals in water try this fast, easy, inexpensive tip: Put a small amount of Bon Ami or Comet Cleanser on a damp paper towel and scrub the window. Wipe it off with a terry cloth towel. That's it, check it out.....spots are gone! These cleansers have enough abrasives in them to remove the spots but will not scratch the glass.

Vinegar works just as good and doesn't have any abrasives in it.
    Just use a cheap white vinegar with a soft cloth, it will take of hard water spots and minerals.

Default Easy glass cleaning tip

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't heard of using vinegar for removing mineral spots.

Also try clean newspaper in place of a cloth. Regular newspaper is actually very 'clean' and cleans glass to streak free like nothing else I have found. Car detailers use it (often with just some plain water) and some say the newsprint ink actually acts as a very light polish on the glass.

Of course you will get some ink on your hands if not wearing gloves. Newspaper also won't leave behind lint like a terry cloth towel will. Any small amount of fibers left by the newsprint will quickly blow away soon as you start down the road.

my grandma uses vinegar and newspaper for her house windows.

The best method I use is a variation... lemon oil and Bon Ami applied with a soft cotton cloth. I do not agree with using any acid (Lemon Juice, Vineger, or Coke). My variation will also help loosen window sticker goo too!

News paper does work, but it can be more difficult to accomplish at times.

There's a marine manufacturer in N.C. that I represent called Aquatech that makes a product called Water Spot Remover. If it works in a marine enviroment it should do the job for your car. www.aquatech-marine.com/