Smile 1973 AMX Javelin

Hi my name is Laura. I recently purchased a 1973 Amc Amx Javelin. I would like some help on where to order parts, interior and other stuff. Please help.

Thanks

Hi Laura,
    You can try AMX Enterprises for carpet and weatherstripping. Legendary Interiors has door panels and seat buns (foam) for 1968-1970 AMXs but I don't think they do for 1971-74 (seat buns may be the same as '70?). American Performance has reproduction seat backs, donsjave posted a review of them here.
    Maybe one of the forum users who've recently restored a 71-74 will post some more sources for you.

The '73 seats are unique. They have the springs molded inside the foam, then the foam piece sets down on a bare steel frame. Very unusual. They also don't have a plastic back and have the seat release handle directly in the back of the seat, not on the side.

This is if you have original '73 seats. Lots of Javelins don't have the original seats.

The good news is the reproduction seat covers from Legendary are superb quality. This is for the '73 'Uganda' fabric. I restored a set of correct '73 Javelin Uganda fabric seats to show condition...it was an interesting experience. If your original foam is in good shape or even repairable DO NOT throw it away. The seat back is one whole piece with the the frame and foam molded as one assembly and the cover just slips over this. NO reproductions are likely to be available anytime soon for the foam on the '73 Javelin seats if ever. I am not sure if '74 models are like this or not.

Randy
    Last edited by heyjavelin; 12-08-2004 at 05:02 PM.